BROOKLYN — As the Memorial Day weekend kicks off the unofficial start to summer, it’s evident our plans may have changed due to COVID-19 and social distancing.
That doesn't mean you can’t enjoy a stylish Memorial Day barbecue at home!
The Stylish Chef Garth Cheese shared his recipe for Jerk BBQ Chicken.
If you live in Brooklyn and want to order from The Stylish Chef, check out his page in Doordash.
The Stylish Jerk Chicken Marinade
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Combine All Dry Ingredients. Once Blended slowly whisk in oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Season Chicken and place in marinade and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours. Lightly coat chicken with flour and fry in cast iron pan until golden brown. Place chicken in oven for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes remove chicken from oven and brush with BBQ sauce, place chicken back in oven until Internal Chicken temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from oven. Plate and Enjoy a Stylish BBQ Fried Jerk Chicken!