NEW YORK CITY — Police have arrested a man accused of sexually assaulting two women within two hours across the New York City subway system earlier in June.
Authorities said cops arrested Bernardo Ramos, 28, Monday morning in Brooklyn.
The Yonkers man now faces multiple charges including assault, two counts of attempted rape, three counts of sexual abuse, two counts of unlawful imprisonment and forcible touching.
Back on June 6, police said the man sexually assaulted a woman around 11:35 a.m. as she got off a No. 1 train and attempted to transfer to a No. 3 train across the platform at the 72nd Street station.
The man blocked her from entering the train before dragging her to the end of the platform, groping her and trying to take off her pants, police said.
Cops said the woman scratched the attacker's face, causing him to flee back onto the train.
He attacked again less than two hours later in Brooklyn.
Police said just after 1 p.m. the man punched a woman in the chest on a southbound F train inside the 15th Street - Prospect Park subway station, knocking her down to the seats.
He then climbed on top of her and lifted up her skirt, authorities said.
A witness alerted the train's conductor who then entered the train car and yelled at the man, causing him to flee to the next train car and then into the subway station, according to police.
The victim in this second incident was able to snap the above photo of the suspect.