NewsLocal NewsQueens

Actions

1 dead after carbon monoxide exposure at Queens building: FDNY

carbon monoxide death queens
Posted at 3:23 PM, Dec 23, 2020
and last updated 2020-12-23 15:23:44-05

MASPETH, Queens — A man died, possibly of carbon monoxide poisoning, in Queens Wednesday afternoon, officials said.

First responders were called to a building on Flushing Avenue in Maspeth around 12:40 p.m., according to the FDNY.

The unidentified victim was found unconscious and first responders recorded high readings of carbon monoxide in the building, fire officials said. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.

The incident is under investigation.