NEW JERSEY — Several people, including children, were treated after a chemical exposure at a New Jersey pool Friday morning, police said.
Authorities responded to a hazardous materials incident at a Glacier Hills Association Pool along Forum Court just before 9:30 a.m., according to the Parsippany Police Department.
About 27 people were at the pool. The majority of which were children attending a swimming lesson, authorities said.
During that time, they were exposed to a vapor cloud caused by a mixture of pool chemicals, according to police.
Four children and one adult were hospitalized for respiratory distress and 18 others were treated on the scene, police said.
Preliminary investigation said the vapor cloud may have resulted in the chemical mixture of chlorine and muriatic acid.
The surrounding community is not in danger or at risk of exposure, authorities said.