CLAREMONT, the Bronx — A man is facing murder charges in connection with a Bronx triple shooting that left two men dead during the Fourth of July weekend, police said Friday.
According to the NYPD, cops arrested 28-year-old Kalvin Robinson, of the Bronx, on Thursday.
Robinson has been hit with multiple charges including murder, attempted murder and criminal possession of a weapon, police said.
NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea described Robinson as a "recent parolee" in a tweet announcing the arrest Thrusday.
Back on Sunday, July 5, authorities responded around 8 p.m. to a report of three people shot in the vicinity of East 171 Street and College Avenue in the Claremont section.
Responding officers discovered three men with gunshot wounds.
Joel Baba, 22, was shot multiple times and Eghosa Imafidon, 27, had been shot in the neck. Both were rushed to area hospitals where they were later pronounced dead, police said at the time.
A 29-year-old man was also shot in the arm and taken to a local hospital for treatment.
The deadly shooting came amid a violent Fourth of July weekend. Dozens were injured and at least nine people were killed during 30 shootings, according to police.