NEW YORK — On the 19th anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks, these are the the six moments of silence that commemorate the tragic events of that day.
The public is invited to observe any or all of them through the morning.
Here is the list:
- 8:46 a.m. ET: Hijackers crash Flight 11 into the north tower.
- 9:03 a.m.: Hijackers crash United Airlines Flight 175 into the south tower.
- 9:37 a.m.: Hijackers crash American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon.
- 9:59 a.m.: The south tower collapses.
- 10:03 a.m.: Passengers launch a counterattack on hijackers aboard United Airlines Flight 93. The hijackers crash the plane into an empty field near Shanksville, Pa.
- 10:28 a.m.: The north tower collapses.
Click through the graphics above to read more about the significance of those tragic moments on Sept. 11, 2001.