THE BRONX — Trial dates are being set Wednesday for two more men accused in the Bronx bodega slaying of 15-year-old Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz.
Five members of the Trinitarios gang were already convicted in the June 20, 2018 attack. The trials of Diego Suero and Frederick Then were set to begin in October of 2019, but were moved and then pushed again after Suero's attorney died.
Suero, the alleged leader of the Los Sures set of the Trinitarios gang, is accused of giving the order to hunt down rivals before the teen's death. His new attorney, Jorge Guttlein, needed time to review police documents and all the records for the case.
Frederick Then is the alleged No. 2 leader in the Los Sures set. Cooperating witness Kevin Alvarez said Then told him to go in the bodega on the night of Guzman-Feliz's death “and get the guy out.”
He allegedly pursued the teen throughout the streets of the Bronx, Assistant District Attorney Morgan Dolan previously said
"There is video surveillance capturing his pursuit on foot that ultimately led to Junior going into a bodega, where he was pulled out and killed by members of the Trinitarios gang," Dolan previously said.
Suero allegedly summoned other gang members to his apartment on Boston Road before the attack. He allegedly told them they needed to retaliate against a rival faction for shooting another Trinitario in the eye.
Shortly after what would have been Guzman-Feliz's 17th birthday, his mother sat down with PIX11 and spoke about Suero and Then.
"They are the criminals and they plan it together," Leandra Feliz said. "That was something that they were together talking about going to kill somebody on the street. And they find an innocent child and they kill an innocent child for no reason, for nothing."