NEW YORK — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New York. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo gave a live update on New York's reopening. Watch in full below.
- Gov. Cuomo says 35 other states are seeing COVID cases rising and it is concerning to him.
- Cuomo says "the buck stops on President Trump's desk" and he "denied the reality of the virus."
- The governor demands the president come clean, admit the threat of the virus and lead to mobilize citizens.
New York reopening updates:
- New York numbers across the state are "great," Cuomo says.
- New York has 879 total current coronavirus hospitalizations.
- New York saw 11 virus-related fatalities Tuesday.
- New York just reached four million COVID-19 tests at over 750 testing sites across the state.
- NY is now doing more tests per capita than any nation on the globe, Cuomo says.
- Beginning today, we are expanding our testing criteria statewide to all New Yorkers.
- If you go to a test site run by the state, there is never any charge for your test.
- Capital region enters Phase 4 today.
New York City reopening updates:
- The governor says compliance with mask-wearing and social distancing is slipping.
- Government compliance enforcement is not sufficient, Cuomo says.
- State will create its own enforcement department to supplement local enforcement.
- Reopening of indoor dining postponed in New York City for Phase 3, Cuomo says.
- Will remain postponed until facts change and it is safe and prudent.
NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio held his daily briefing after the city passed a budget, including cuts to the NYPD. Watch in video below.
Reopening in NYC
- Other parts of the country made decisions based on data.
- “We cannot go ahead at this point in time” to reopen indoor dining. Read more.
- Outdoor dining to be expanded.
- Beaches reopen today. Read more
Public swimming pools
- Three pools to open on July 24: (Mullaly in the Bronx, Liberty in Astoria and Wagner in Manhattan)
- 12 more pools on August 1
- Bronx: Crotona, Haffen
- Queens: Astoria, Fisher
- Staten Island: Lyon, Tottenville
- Manhattan: Hamilton Fish, Jackie Robinson, Marcus Garvey
- Brooklyn: Sunset Park, Besty Head, Kosciuszko
Investing in youth
- SYEP Summer Bridge: 35,000 participants in career readiness and learning activities
- Summer camp: 81,000 slots
- Work, learn, grow: 2,000 school-year jobs for high-need youth
- COVID hospitalizations: 61
- H+H ICUs: 293
- Percentage who are positive: 2%
New York City beaches open for swimming Wednesday ahead of Fourth of July weekend, a month after state beaches opened. Read more here.
Latest official numbers:
As of Wednesday morning, a total of 393,454 people had tested positive for COVID-19 in New York, with the state's death toll at 24,855.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here