NEW YORK — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New York. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio held his daily briefing. Watch in video below.
Reopening in NYC
- NYC “on track” to enter Phase 3 on Monday, July 6, mayor says
- Phase 3 includes outdoor recreation areas including basketball, tennis, volleyball, dog runs, handball
- We will have civilian agencies out and about for crowd control and noise issues
- COVID Hospitalizations: 60
- H+H ICUs: 329
- Percentage tested positive: 2%
Gov. Andrew Cuomo tweeted that New York's coronavirus hospitalizations fell to 996, dropping below 1,000 for the first time since March, a new milestone for the state.
BREAKING: Today NY reached a new milestone.— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) June 25, 2020
Total hospitalizations fell to 996 — dropping below 1K for the first time since March 18th.
Together we bent the curve. And we aren’t stopping now.
Wear a mask. Keep 6 feet apart. Wash hands. Stay smart.#NewYorkTough
Latest official numbers:
As of Thursday morning, a total of 389,666 people had tested positive for COVID-19 in New York, with the state's death toll at 24,782.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here