NEW YORK — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New York. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Mayor Bill de Blasio will held his daily briefing on COVID-19 and New York City's reopening. Watch below.
Keeping New York's seniors cool:
- City has installed 34,294 air conditioning units for low-income seniors.
- 24,133 in private homes
- 10,161 in NYCHA properties
Beat the Heat plan for summer
- 130 cooling and misting locations in most heat-burdened communities
- 145 cooling centers with social distancing guidelines
- 300 hydrants opened with spray caps
- 650 spray showers in City Parks open now
- 14 "Cool Streets" expanded cooling options
- Find a cooling element or center near you: NYC.gov/parks/CoolItNYC or at NYC.gov/BeatTheHeat
New COVID-19 testing sites
- Red Hook, Brooklyn - 151 Bay Street - Opening July 10
- Manhattan (mobile testing van) - locations announced soon - Starting July 13
- Co-Op City, the Bronx - 105 Drieser Loop - Opening July 22
- Find a testing site near you by texting "COVID TEST" to 855-48
$10M funding for community groups to fight COVID
- H+H and DOHMH request for proposals for 20+ community based organizations to promote and educate neighbors to get tested and engage with contact tracing.
- Focus on hardest-hit communities
- Grants ranging from $50,000 to $750,000
Hyper-local COVID-19 response
- New hyper-local approach to prevent spread of COVID-19
- City will focus resources and support services into neighborhoods where data shows low testing rates and a high percentage of positive tests.
- Launching first in zip code 10457 - Tremont area of the Bronx at these testing sites:
- St. Simon Stock Church - 2191 Valentine Avenue
- H+H Community Health Center - 4006 Third Avenue
- St. Barnabas Hospital - 4422 Third Avenue
- BronxCare Testing Site - 1650 Grand Concourse
- Results will inform future work in other neighborhoods
- Test at least 2,500 people in zip code over next two weeks, then connect those who test positive with services
- On-site Resource Navigators to immediately connect people with services, including hotel rooms if needed
Daily COVID numbers
- Hospital admissions: 69
- H+H ICU patients: 289
- Percent of NYC residents who tested positive: 2%
Latest official numbers:
As of Thursday morning, a total of 398,929 people had tested positive for COVID-19 in New York, with the state's death toll at 24,944.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here