NEW YORK — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New York. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo held his daily briefing. Watch below.
- On location, Cuomo announces the opening of a new bicycle and pedestrian path along the Gov. Mario Cuomo Bridge.
- Bridge will be lit up in blue lights Monday night, which Gov. Cuomo said was his father's favorite color.
COVID-19 and reopening update:
- Cuomo says New York is seeing the lowest amount of COVID-19 hospitalizations since pandemic began.
- Some regions are entering Phase 3 this week
- Phase 3 will now allow gatherings of up to 25 people, an update from previous Phase 3 description.
Police reform and protest updates:
- Cuomo plans to sign new police reform laws this week:
- Officers must report weapon discharge within 6 hours
- Police departments and courts must track arrest data, including race and ethnicity
- Requiring police officers to provide for the medical and mental health needs of any person under arrest or in custody who requires it
Latest official numbers:
As of Monday morning, there were 383,324 confirmed COVID-19 cases in New York, with the state's death toll now at 24,551.
The New York state coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065; information is also being posted here