NEW JERSEY — Below you will find the most up-to-date information on coronavirus news impacting New Jersey. You can find additional resources and coverage on our coronavirus page.
Gov. Phil Murphy is holding a briefing on the coronavirus outbreak. Watch the news conference below.
- An additional 275 people have died, bringing the death toll to 1,504.
- The total number of cases jumped by more than 3,000 to 47,437.
- On the first night of Passover, Murphy warned: "We cannot gather together," inside or outdoors.
- Don't let the warm weather or the holidays to fool you, Murphy said, adding his warning against gathering extends to Easter and Ramadan.
- The Bergen Community College testing site will be open Thursday at 8 p.m. The PNC Arts Center testing site will be closed.
- There are now 54 testing sites statewide.
- New executive orders: Primary election date moved from June 2 to July 7; All non-essential construction to cease indefinitely beginning on Friday at 8 p.m.; All essential retail must limit to 50% of capacity, and customers and workers must wear face masks; increase weight limits for trucks on highways.
- The state needs chief nursing officers, doctors and respiratory therapists to lead field hospitals.
- There is at least one COVID-19 patient reported in 231 out of 375 long-term care facilities.
- The New Jersey Expo Center field hospital in Edison will open this weekend for non-COVID-19 patients, such as those who need operations.
- Long-term care facilities plan: Surveying all facilities and their ability to separate COVID-19 patients from residents on a different wing or floor; required reporting on employee and PPE capacity; required cohorting of patients based on their symptoms and testing category; and evaluating for compliance on monitoring residents' symptoms. Facilities that cannot conform to guidelines will have residents transferred to other facilities.
- Of the 1,504 fatalities, 59% are men and 41% are women. Additionally, 61% are white, 22% are black, 6% are Asian, less than 1% are Native American, and 11% are under review.
- Murphy said given that the state's total population of African Americans is about 14% or 15%, there is a clear racial disparity in the fatalities.
- Overnight, New Jersey State Troopers had to break up a funeral with 40 to 50 attendees in Millstone, Superintendent Patrick Callahan said.
New Jersey COVID-19 cases jumped to 44,416 Tuesday, with the state's death toll rising to 1,232, Gov. Phil Murphy said.
For a list of all the drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites in New Jersey, click here.
Call New Jersey's coronavirus hotline at 1-800-222-1222. You can also click here for additional information.