RONKONKOMA, N.Y. — Six Long Island high school students were taken to the hospital Friday morning after they ate candy that may have had another substance in it, school officials said on Facebook.
The Sachem High School North students felt uncomfortable after they ate the candy, according to a statement from the school district on Facebook. The students went to the nurse’s office and they were later taken to the hospital as a precaution.
“We encourage all parents to have conversations with their children about making healthy choices,” said Sachem Superintendent Dr. Ken Graham. “Our schools are fortunate to have a number of resources available to support the wellbeing of students. We continue to review the specifics of the situation and will address it appropriately.”
It is unclear where the students got the candy from or what might have been in the candy. No information has been released on the students’ symptoms.