Macy’s 37th annual 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular is going to be a show you don’t want to miss.
The show has a superstar lineup of guests including Mariah Carey, Tim McGraw, Nick Cannon, Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez.
Starting at 8 p.m., the show will be broadcast on NBC and 1010 Wins.
Here is the low down on the best places to view the fireworks and how to get there:
The fireworks may be viewed from any area with an unobstructed view of the sky above the Hudson River. For the best views, head to 12th Avenue below W. 59th Street at the following access points along 11th Avenue:
- W. 24th Street
- W. 26th, 27th, 29th, Streets
- W. 33rd & 34th Streets
- W. 40th, 42nd, 44th Streets
- W. 50th through 52nd Streets
- W. 54th, 56th, 57th Streets
The following are NOT viewing areas for the 2013 show:
- East River
- Battery Park
- Battery Park City
- Brooklyn Bridge Park
- All Hudson River Piers (except limited access to Piers 84)
- Hudson River Park promenade between W. Houston and 59th Street
- Hudson River Park Bike Path between W. Houston and 59th Street
All trains will run on Saturday schedules. Visit the MTA website .
- A, C, E, L – To 14th Street & 8th Avenue
- A, C – To 23rd Street & 8th Avenue
- A, C, E – To 34th Street & 8th Avenue
- A, C, E – To 42nd Street & 8th Avenue
- 1, 2, N, R, Q, S, 7 – To 42nd Street – Times Square
- E, C – To 50th Street & 8th Avenue
- A, C, D, 1 – To 59th Street – Columbus Circle
Local bus routes will run on Saturday schedules. Visit the MTA website .
- Uptown – M11 (via 10th Avenue), M10 (via Central Park West to 59th Street), M20 (via 8th Avenue)
- Downtown – M11 (via 9th Avenue), M20 (via 7th Avenue)
- Crosstown – M14A, M14D, M23, M31, M34, M42, M57
Additional Transportation Resources
- Metro-North Railroad – To Grand Central Terminal from Westchester, Dutchess, and Putnam Counties and Connecticut
- Long Island Rail Road/NJ Transit/Amtrak – To Penn Station from Long Island and New Jersey
- PATH – To 33rd Street from New Jersey
Subway and bus service will be operating on a Saturday schedule, but expect increased subway service before and after the firework show, effecting most of the the lines.
There will be no Staten Island Ferry service from 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
For more information on street closures, click here.
Alternate Side Parking (street cleaning) and parking meter regulations are suspended on Thursday, July 4, for observance of Independence Day.