(LOS ANGELES TIMES) — When your mother told you not to pour the entire container of soy sauce on your bowl of white rice, she had a reason. Apparently, too much soy sauce really is dangerous.
So what on Earth would possess someone who’s not a professional sushi eater to consume that much soy sauce? A dare, of course.
The teenager drank so much soy sauce, he started to suffer a seizure. His friends took him to the hospital, where he was given anti-seizure medication. He remained in a coma for three days before he woke up on his own.