1) MACKENZIE-CHILDS COLLECTION
Celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, MacKenzie-Childs is a luxury home furnishing company, beloved for its whimsical and distinctive designs, that offers colorful, hand-made ceramics, enamelware, glassware, furniture and more. MacKenzie-Childs’ designs combine vibrant colors and patterns to create a fresh aesthetic, best described as “traditional with a twist.” Whether you are looking for tableware, kitchen and bath accessories, furniture, garden items, hostess gifts or wedding gifts, MacKenzie-Childs has something for you. For more information visit www.mackenzie-childs.com.
• A cloth napkin or dishtowel (versus a paper one) will stay there for many, many years, rather than being sent directly to the landfill
• The MacKenzie-Childs enamelware exceeds both federal food safety regulations and California’s Proposition 65, the strictest environmental safety standards in the U.S.
2) DRUGSTORE.COM – The Natural Store
Drugstore.com’s “The Natural Store” has product spotlights on household products from Method, Seventh Generation, Mrs Meyers, Biokleen and more.
• The Natural Store has been on drugstore.com for more than ten years
• The Natural Store teams up with leaders of the natural and green product industries to offer thousands of eco-friendly items to customers at affordable prices
• The Natural Store is found under the green and natural tab on drugstore.com
• The Natural Store is always expanding its offerings to bring more variety to the shopper seeking all-natural items
• The Natural Store calls out (allows you to shop) cruelty-free brands that don’t test on animals
• The Natural Store has an active blog “Just livin’ the green” with great tips & ideas on being green
From the Natural Store
• Method Smarty Dish Dishwasher Detergent Tabs: $4.79 each • Caldrea Pop Up Sponges: $9.99
• Caldrea Countertop Cleanser: $8.99
• Seventh Generation Recycled Paper Towels, Big Roll, 6 rolls: $9.99
• Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Laundry Detergent, 64 Loads, Geranium: $16.99
• Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Dryer Sheets, Geranium: $8.29
3) MICHAEL ARAM COLLECTION
• All aluminum pieces are repurposed metal
• Pronounced Michael A-RAHM
• Michael Aram’s distinctive pieces are sold at the Flagship location at 136 W 18th Street in New York City and in over 50 countries through department stores and specialty retailers – http://www.michaelaram.com
• Collection ranges from tableware, home fragrance, furniture, lighting and textiles
4) WEST ELM ORGANIC TOWELS
In stores, in the catalog and on westelm.com, look for west elm green products labeled with an elm tree icon, a handmade icon or their green packaging label. These symbols identify products that are either responsibly produced, rapidly renewable, recycled, certified organic or non-toxic.
CERTIFIED ORGANIC COTTON – The 100% organic cotton textiles are certified from seed to shelf. They’re responsibly grown without synthetic pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers, and they’re dyed or printed with environmentally safe dyes.
5) CB2 QUEEN ORGANIC GREY PERCALE SHEET SET
Green dreams. No pesticides, no chemicals, no preservatives. These 250 thread count percale sheets are made from Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)-certified 100% organic cotton, inks, and dyes. They feel soft yet crisp.
No plastic packaging (just a reusable cloth bag) and no unpleasant chemical odor. Made with organic cotton, inks, and dyes, this bedding is clean, classic, and notably soft.
Set includes flat sheet, fitted sheet and two cases with clean envelope closures. Flat sheets and cases have double-stitch detail.
Price: $99.95, Available at CB2 stores and CB2.com