News

Actions

Dog survives after eating over 100 pennies

Posted: 9:47 AM, Mar 14, 2013
Updated: 2013-03-14 09:47:13-04

One dog owner is lucky his pup is still alive after it ate over a hundred pennies.

Last Friday a 13-year-old Jack Russel Terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies after his owner accidentally knocked over a box of coins.

And Jack went to town.

It took vets 2 hours to empty Jack’s belly — taking out 5 pennies at a time.

The doctor who removed them kept the dollar and 11 cents, apparently for good luck.