Free Tax Preparations
Ridgewood Savings Bank is hosting ARIVA’s free Tax Preparation Days. The sessions will be held at the following sites/dates/times:
- Saturday, February 16, 2013: 9:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Hosted by Ridgewood’s White Plains Road branch and held at Community Board #12 – 4101 White Plains Road at 229th Street; (718) 882-0440
- Saturday, February 23, 2013: 9:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Held at the bank’s Allerton Avenue branch – 711 Allerton Avenue; (718) 882-2220
- Saturday, March 2, 2013: 9:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Held at the bank’s Soundview
branch – 1626 Bruckner Boulevard; (718) 589-1323
Bronx residents are eligible for free tax filing if they are single with no dependents and earn less than $25,000 or file with dependents and earn less than $50,000. Since space is limited, qualifying taxpayers must call the branch that is hosting the session in advance to schedule an appointment.
All qualified taxpayers will need to bring the following to their appointments:
- Photo IDs and Social Security Cards for each individual named on the tax return
- W-2 or 1099 Forms for every job held
- Documentation and child care provider Tax ID#, if claiming childcare expenses
- 2011 tax returns
- Any other tax-related documentation received
- *For those who are married and filing jointly, both spouses must be present at the appointment.